So there I was: at home in LA, grilling tri-tip out on the balcony. Next thing I knew, there I was, on a 1am red-eye, West Virginia bound.
• Up for 30 hours? Check.
• Connecting flight nearly cancelled? Check.
• Luggage lost? Check.
• Unexpectedly becoming on-the-spot musical-director for a member of the Temptations. Check.
• With a band I'd never met. Check.
• Still wearing the same clothes I left the house in? Check.
• Making a friend and fan very happy at his surprise 60th birthday party with a set of his fave Malone tunes? Check.
In other words - totally worth the trip.
Next stop: Spain!