Monday, January 28, 2013

2013 Finally Begins


Today I feel like the new year has finally begun. Showed up late last Monday at Cadillac Jack's amazing weekly blues jam hedre in LA and ended up sitting in with a Creedence tribute band (they sure were happy to see me!) and then a whole smoking set with LA blues legend Preston Smith. This weekend I reconnected with old and recent friends and made some new ones at the NAMM convention (for non-musos, this is a yearly ritual where musicians and the manufacturers of the stuff they make music with get together for 4 non-stop days of schmoozing and naked gear-lust). Then today I sat in with my very dear friend Dave Nachmanoff - Al Stewart's guitar player and a great singer-songwriter himself. Dave and I did a lot of touring together back in the day when we still had to call venues on our land-line phones to book gigs. I always felt somewhat inadequate because the numbers on Dave's phone were completely worn off. And he says it's my fault he quit his day-job to become a full-time touring musician. So I probably owe him money. Playing with Dave always brings back the finest kind of memories. 

This Saturday, February 2, I do two sets with the whole rocking band at Arcadia Blues Club here in LA. Tickets are only $5 if you get them in advance - $10 at the door - so get them now right here! Showtime at 8:00!

Within the next couple of weeks we will be announcing a bunch of new tour dates (both solo and with John Fogerty) and previewing a tune or two from my new CD, which we are busy working on right now, so stay tuned! In the meantime, here's some cool press from this month:

No comments:

Post a Comment